Friday 10 May 2013

Bump Blog #4: It's Almost Time!

Wow, there is a lot to catch up on baby-wise, so I'll get right to it..

The hormones have reached new levels. For a start, I cried when I realised we had no apple juice left this morning. I also have a thing about being alone right now. Part of it is that I'm scared that Craig won't be with me when labour starts, but other than that I'm out of ideas!
Baby is developing two weeks behind, so he's on the small side, which was predicted anyway. I have to go back to hospital in just under two weeks to see if he's been growing somemore. If he's not, I'm not sure what's going to happen. They're not overly concerned right now but it's definitely something that needs to be monitored very closely. However he has moved into a good position for birth and apparently it looks like he has a full head of hair!

I got to meet the other midwife who is going to help deliver the baby who is really nice and also got to speak to the anaesthetist who was also lovely so I feel a bit better knowing that everybody who will be there at the time are going to be nice! I did have an operation on the bottom of my back to get rid of the main tumour that I had, so he had a look at it and I can definitely have the epidural as it goes further up, however he can't 100% guarantee that it will spread properly as he doesn't know if there's nerve damage underneath where the tumour was removed. I'm not too worried and he didn't sound it either, he said it should be fine. I asked what it feels like and apparently it's like a bit like a bee sting. Well, I've never been stung so I don't really know what to do with that haha. I hate needles and not particularly looking forward to it but if it'll take the pain away then bring it on!

I'm pretty conflicted at the moment because I am nervous about the big day, but at the same time I can't wait for it all to be over so I can finally meet him!

No comments:

Post a Comment