Monday 6 May 2013

Blog Everyday in May Challenge: Friend Love & What Do I Do?


Instead of picking one friend, I thought I would share my favourite pictures of me with some of the people in my life, they're all equally lovely!

(Summer Break 2011)
(Gemma's hen weekend)
(Me and my very bestest friend at our engagement party - taken hours before we found out I had a bun in the oven)
(Old picture of me and Alex)
I haven't managed to include everybody, these were just the pictures I had to hand, I thought the pictures would be nicer than trying to write a huuuge essay about how much I love my friends!

Today's topic is, if you couldn't reply with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?

If you've been following my bump blog you'll know this already, but as a quick recap: we had discussed kids, but as I was unsure about the state of my fertility due to past health problems, Craig suggested starting to try sooner rather than later. That way we would have had plenty of time to get fertility treatments if it turned out I couldn't get pregnant. I got pregnant pretty much straight away, and I still can't believe how easy and quickly it happened for us, especially after all that's happened. All I can say is I'm extremely lucky and I've been very fortunate!

Being a stay-at-home mam is something that was mutually agreed. In the last year, whilst everyone else has been applying for graduate jobs, I've been preparing for a baby. I haven't had an easy pregnancy so I stopped working around Christmas time and I've only just finished university in the last few weeks. Obviously it's not realistic going back to working life now I'm about to pop!

At the moment, my days consist of preparing for baby, who is due in the next few weeks (aaaahhh) and looking after the house the best I can. Unfortunately I've developed a condition called SPD, which is common in pregnant women, and just means that my pelvis has 'relaxed' and has weakened as it prepares for birth, so I can't stand or walk for much longer than 10 minutes now. So, if I'm being honest, I don't do a lot right now because I can't! The pain is just going to get worse as the last few weeks go on so I'm being very careful trying to rest, but it's kinda boring! I'm not enjoying the current situation as I'm relying on Craig more and more to do a lot of things for me - which he doesn't mind doing - but it's all going to be over soon, and it will be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment