Saturday 23 March 2013

How I Prevent Stretchmarks

With pregnancy comes a whole new beauty regime and from the very beginning, before I even had a bump, I started some prevention tactics. It's important to point out that half the battle is your genes, so if your mam got them, then there's a good chance that you will too. However, I believe that even if you do get them, with some changes to your routine you can help the appearance of them!

Third trimester bump
Luckily, my mam has not got a single stretchmark on her so I checked the good genes part! Now here is everything else I did and the products I used!

1. Shower
I've already sung my praises about this product but this is what I've used the majority of the time because it's really creamy and moisturising and I was addicted to the smell of it!

2. Oil
Probably the most important step - special oil made for prevention of stretchmarks. I've been using Burt's Bees Mama Bee Nourishing Body Oil all the way through. It's got a very lemony, zesty, fresh scent and it's divine!

3. Moisturiser
The Sanctuary Spa Body Lotion (L) contains ginger and jojoba which supposedly stimulates your circulation and replenishes your skin, which is why I've been using it the last few months! When I've fancied a change, I've switched to L'Occitane Verbena Body Lotion which smells very similar to the Burt's Bees oil, very lemony and fresh.

4. Fragrance
I've been using fragrances which are moisturising which I know most likely don't make any difference at all but I thought I would include this step as this as how I finish my daily routine. I've either been using a Soap & Glory Spray-On Body Moisturising Mist or Chance by Chanel Sheer Moisture Mist.

Even before I got pregnant I usually adapted to this kind of routine every winter anyway, but I feel this has really helped my skin over the last few months while it's been making room for baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment