Monday 4 March 2013

Dancing Pony


Just something to make you smile this Monday..

This week I finally realised the importance of continuing to go on dates with my fiance. I'm just about to enter the third and final trimester of my pregnancy (where did the time go?), and apparently I'm about to experience crippling exhaustion like I did in my first trimester. I'm already getting out of breath walking up the stairs and can't waddle to my next lecture fast enough so if I get even bigger I'm guessing that this will be true. So, I've been dedicating most of my time to my final pieces of work for university. My work still isn't due in for a while, so it's not like I have a looming deadline forcing me to devote all of my time to my work. It's just that if I'm anything like I was before, I won't want to do any work and I'd rather it all be done ahead of time while I still feel pretty good. It came to the point though where I was doing it every single day and wasn't spending any real time with Craig. We live together so we do see each other a lot (obviously) but we weren't really doing anything together.

I think what I've noticed is that when you live together it is very easy to let dates and actually doing things together fall down your list of priorities. You don't have to make any effort to go out and see each other anymore so you don't have to think of things to do. We used to have so much fun when we were dating, we did all sorts. I know this is really my fault as he always asks me to go out with him but I've been so wrapped up in my work I've declined most of the time! Finally, I've taken pity on him and realised I probably should make more time to do things with him, so yesterday we spent the whole day together, going for a walk, having a Sunday dinner, watching a film together, it was lovely and the break actually made me a whole lot more productive today anyway. Especially as it's not going to be just us two in the house for much longer, we really should make the effort to spend more time together.

Is anybody else guilty of letting date nights fall down the list of things to do? If you live with your boyfriend/husband and can't remember the last time you went on a real date, why not surprise him this week!

2 comments:

  1. You and your fiance sound so cute, good luck with the pregnancy, you will be a fantastic mum!

    A little bit Unique

    x


    ReplyDelete