Sunday 30 December 2012

Christmas 2012 & End of Year Summary

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas! Again, serious lack of pictures as the camera cable is still missing and my pregnancy porridged brain can't think of anywhere it could be!

Last year Christmas was pretty chaotic as Craig has a huge family and for some reason we tried to see them all in one day. This year, it's been spread over three days. On Christmas Eve, we went to see his dad's side of the family and had a buffet tea at his auntie's house. On Christmas Day, we had a very relaxing morning watching TV and opening presents in the flat. My absolute favourite present from Craig was the Chance by Chanel Sheer Moisture Mist. It's not Christmas without a bit of Chanel from Santa! I've become really obsessed with keeping my skin lovely and moisturised (it's a stretchmark prevention thing) which is why he got me this as opposed to the ordinary perfume, and the fragrance is divine. It makes my skin really soft with a nice (non-glittery) sheen. I'm very impressed he actually got it as I've never pointed this product out to him, he just has good taste I guess?

We went to my parents house for Christmas dinner and to open more presents. I think my favourite present from my family, apart from the Bomb Cosmetics bath bombs I've become obsessed with, was the What to Expect When You're Expecting DVD. It was for both of us to watch together, so we watched it the other night. It was very amusing to hear the women in the movie come out with the exact same lines that I've been saying the last few months, which gives me comfort that I am not actually going mad, just my hormones are instead haha.

And finally, we went to Craig's mam's house later in the afternoon and had another little buffet tea and watched TV. Yesterday was the trip over to the Lake District to see all of my mam's side of the family to have food and open presents. My nanna's house is literally Santa's grotto every year, I love it. So that's it now, we've seen everybody. It was all very relaxing, which we kind of made a conscious effort to keep it as, because obviously next year is going to be a very different story with a bambino in the house. My nanna is literally bursting with excitement about this, especially after I showed her the latest photo! One of the reasons I haven't put the scan photo's online is because I love seeing the actual reactions on peoples faces when I show them and compare how much it's grown with each one. I think everyone is excited for next Christmas when we'll have a new addition to spoil. But for now, that's Christmas 2012 done and dusted :)

I thought I would also do this little end of year summary thing to kind of round things up as I don't think I'll be updating again before new year. Feel free to fill it out also if you like:

1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
Move in with someone, it was kind of my personal 'rule' that I wouldn't move in with someone until I'm engaged to them, so that was a big thing I'd never done before!

2. Did you keep your new years resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I've never made them, I tend to just make goals as I go along! Maybe I should think of one or two for next year?

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully no

5. Where did you visit?
Tennerife, Portugal, Majorca, Florence, St. Tropez, Corsica & Barcelona

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
I'll get a baby!

7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory?
When I found out I was pregnant, and our engagement party

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? 
The 2.1's I managed to get at university inbetween being ill!

9. What was your biggest failure?
I do think I could have handled some difficult situations better, but I don't think I did anything I really class as a failure

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
The two worst things were when I had an allergic reaction to antibiotics I was taking (horrible!) and when we both got whiplash and ligament injuries after a van crashed into my car and crushed literally the whole back end of it :(

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Not any particular material items, just the holidays and good days out we had this year

12. Where did most of your money go?
Where does everyones money go? Rent, food and petrol, and a lot of the rest went towards holidays and the wedding

13. What did you get really excited about?
I was so excited the first time Craig and I went on holiday together earlier this year. I was also really excited to be bridesmaid for my friend Gemma

14. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
All of my friends and family. They are always supportive anyway but this year they have all really been there for me and Craig when we needed them

15. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Fortunately nobody I know personally or that I'm particularly close to! Nothing awfully bad happened close to home, which I'm thankful for

16. Compared to this time last year, are you..
a) Happier or sadder?: happier. I was happy last year but I have even more things to be excited about this year
b) Thinner or fatter?: thinner, yes even though I'm pregnant (more about this in the bump blog)
c) Richer or pooer?: richer

17. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I'm not actually sure!

18. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying, oh so much worrying has been done this year!

19. How did you spend Christmas?
As I described above ^ :)

20. What was your favourite TV programme?
I really got into The Walking Dead, although it made me dream about zombies for weeks afterwards which got kind of annoying!

21. What was the best book you read?
I read one in Portugal (I only ever read on holiday), it was about two women who were seeing the same man and teamed up to get some revenge on him, it was pretty funny, even Craig got quite into that one lol

22. What was your favourite film of this year?
Batman and Bond

23. Did you fall in love in 2012?
I was already in love with Craig, but I fell in love with another.. our baby as soon as I seen it on the screen at my scan

24. What did you do on your birthday?
I'll not repeat this as I've already made a post on it :)

25. Did you make new friends this year?
I met a couple of lovely new girls through being a bridesmaid this summer

26. What did you want and get?
A flat, pregnancy

27. What did you want and not get?
A new phone, my contract isn't done yet

28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A life without pregnancy sickness would have been nice 

29. What kept you sane?
I was a bag full of raging hormones, I was not sane at any point at the back end of this year!

30. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I think I grew out of having celebrity crushes quite a few years ago lol

31. Who did you miss?
One of my friends who I now see more of :)

32. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned 
As soon as I realised I was pregnant I think my whole attitude changed. Things that seemed such a big deal a few months earlier suddenly became insignificant. I guess what I learned that as long as we're happy and healthy, whatever anybody else says can only affect you if you let it. We're so lucky and blessed to have what we have, and so many other people have much less, it just doesn't make sense anymore to sweat the small stuff

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! I loved Portugal, we stayed in Vilamoura, it's a really lovely place to stay. I really want to go back!

    ReplyDelete