Friday 1 February 2013

January Favourites


I see a bit of a pink theme here, which wasn't intentional! I guess I like a bit of colour in my life during the gloomy winter months. Starting from the left, the first product is Soap & Glory Mist You Madly body spray. I've got to say I'm not usually a body spray kind of person and I usually use perfume but I really like this and the other two scents that were in the set. It's very girly, I've been using this one pretty much everyday. It's musky without being too heavy, I have mentioned before that heavy, strong fragrances are not my thing and this is not too overpowering for me. Next is Urban Decay Glide-On Cheek Tint in Quickie. This looks like a very scary clown-like hot pink at first, however, because of the creamy texture of it you can build up the colour however you want. I just put a little on and blend it into my cheeks for a more natural look. The Ted Baker lip pen came in the A Star is Born gift set at Christmas. I mix this with a bit of lipbalm to give it a glossier look, it's a really nice colour. I don't normally use colour on my lips so I'm trying to be a little more adventurous! I've already done a review on the Sleeproller's which you can find here. The Benefit Badgal Lash Mascara makes my eyelashes very thick and very black. I know that sounds obvious but some mascaras don't really make your eyelashes that dark. The brush is bigger than most other mascaras I've tried but it does the job! The pink moisturiser there is The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream. I use this every morning and I use the matching evening cream before bed too. Both of them work really well with my skin which can get dry in winter. The texture of this is almost like a gel, it is quite 'watery' (I can't think of another suitable word haha) and feels lovely, cool and moisturising on my skin. Another Soap & Glory product I've loved this month is the Peaches & Clean 4-in-1 Cleansing Milk. This smells exactly like peach yoghurt, which is my favourite flavour of yoghurt, so I've been loving using this just to smell it! You may notice I'm obsessed with smells at the moment, just another side-effect of pregnancy haha. I use this cleanser on an evening to take my make-up off, however it isn't suitable to remove eye make-up. It's creamy and leaves skin feeling moisturised. Lastly, is a gem that my mam actually discovered, it's a bath mallow from Bomb Cosmetics and everything from this brand is so pretty I'm quite reluctant to pop them in the bath! There's so much detail in these that it seems a shame to dissolve them! They smell gorgeous and there's so many to choose from, have a look at their range on the website and try to choose just one you want to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment