Friday 23 November 2012

What I've Been Buying: November

First, I'm going to start with the bag of things from Lush that I bought last week. I went in to buy gift boxes for two people but of course I ended up buying things for myself too because it's pretty much impossible not to when you're in there!

The two gift sets are really cute and I had to get them as I know the girls on the receiving end are gonna love them. And yes I admit the fact that they're already wrapped up nicely makes me happy too as it's one less job! The orange one is called Festive Cheer and it's £8.95. It contains a santa shaped sugar scrub and a shower gel which actually contains a little tequila. As soon as I knew that, I knew that was the right gift! The purple one on the right though is my favourite and really I wish I was getting it, it's called Out of this World and the wrapping paper is glow in the dark. I can't find the exact price for it but I think it was about the same price as the other gift. This contains a pink star rock star soap and the space girl bath ballistic.

Onto the other products, I actually bought three bath bombs but we were too excited to try the third one out before I managed to photograph it haha. The orange one is called The Enchanter and it has a really citrusy scent which I like. I haven't actually used this one yet so I will do a seperate review for it. The one on the right is called The Golden Wonder Bath Bomb and it actually turned the water dark blue (eventually) after fizzling into lots of other different colours first. This has really good reviews on the Lush website and I agree that it's one of my favourites now. The one that wasn't pictured was the Butterball, recommended to me by the lady who was serving me after I told her what kind of things are going on with me and my body/skin right now - she even gave me it for free as a gift, how nice is that! This was lovely to use, although it's not one to use if you use the bath bombs to look at how it fizzes and turns into all these different colours, it was very plain with just a little bit of shimmer, but I love anything that smells like vanilla so it was good enough for me.

So I don't know why my fiance is doing this so close to my birthday and Christmas when he already has enough to fork out for but this week I've been receiving quite a few random presents from him for no particular reason. First of all he came home with a big box of Thorntons chocolates to make me happy because I'm really into chocolate right now! And today he came home with these goodies..

James Brown Protect & Nourish Set: £10 - Boots
Soap & Glory Tricks of the Shade Palette
Ted Baker A Star is Born Gift Set: £40 - Boots
I'm going to a friends birthday party tomorrow night, it's the first time I've been out in ages (and I mean just out in general, I'm too scared to venture too far nowadays because I've been so ill and I'm scared of having a bad turn in public!) and I'm not feeling too hot in general so he said he wanted to buy me lots of new make-up and hair things to play with so I feel a little better about myself before I go. How lovely of him to do that for me!

VO5 Smoothly Does It - freebie in Cosmo, get it quick!
Original Source Shower Gels - currently £1 each in Boots
I haven't actually used it yet but I am obsessed with the smell of the Vanilla Milk & Raspberry shower gel, it smells soooo good, like pick n mix :)

No comments:

Post a Comment