Tuesday 24 July 2012

Lush 9 - 5 & Skin Drink


I think this video below says everything there is to know about the brands ethics! I personally think it's a bit uncomfortable to watch but it is a very important message they are trying to promote.

 
 

When the Lush consultant was taking me through the different types of cleansers they had on offer, I am going to be totally honest and say that my ears definitely pricked up when she said that this is the one that didn't require any water! I was truthful and said I am pretty lazy about skincare late at night when I'm tired, so I put 9 - 5 next to my bed and used it just as I settled down in bed for the night. I like using this more than cleansing wipes, as this feels more moisturising on my skin. It has a lovely fresh scent and takes my make-up off easily and quickly. I would definitely get this again.

Skin Drink is made from organic sesame oil, almond oil, evening primrose oil and cocoa butter. I was advised that this is good for dry skin, so that was the main reason I bought it. It feels a little bit greasy after application, which quickly sunk in and left my skin feeling hydrated for a few hours afterwards. However, the effects didn't last all day and I regularly had to re-apply once again throughout the day when I felt my skin getting dry again. I thought it was ok but I'm not in a hurry to go out and buy it again, I am currently thinking of other moisturisers I can try next. Both products are suitable for vegans and you can find your nearest Lush store here

No comments:

Post a Comment